Important Information about Business Hazardous Waste
- Paint thinners, stains, waxes
- Pool Chemicals
- Automotive fluids, gasoline
- Rechargeable Batteries
- Fluorescent and CFL light bulbs
- Keep materials in original containers.
- Tighten caps and lids.
- Sort by type.
- Pack in sturdy upright boxes.
- Never smoke while handling. hazardous items
- Never mix chemicals.
Businesses can uses the North Carolina Recycling Markets Directory to identify a company that can help process hazardous materials.